Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ small tomato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cabbage small piece, chopped
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves or parsley
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 1 litre water
- In a heavy-bottomed large soup pot, heat oil on a medium flame.
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, peppercorns and clove.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, carrot and green peas.
- Lower the heat and add water.
- Now add coriander leaves/parsley and salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for 30-40 minutes on a low flame.
- Remove from heat and strain it in a container.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 750ml of vegetable stock.