Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- ½ inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 litre water
- In a heavy-bottomed large soup pot, heat oil on a medium flame.
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, peppercorns and clove.
- Add the chicken pieces and the chopped carrot.
- Lower the heat and add water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for 45-50 minutes on a low flame.
- Remove from heat and strain it in a container.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 1 litre of chicken stock.