Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 ½ liter water
- Boil water in a large saucepan for 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes to the boiling water. Ensure they are completely immersed in water.
- Close the lid of the saucepan and let the tomatoes cook for 2 mins.
- Check whether the skin has split and ready to peel off.
- Now put the tomatoes in cold water.
- Peel them, cut it in halves and discard the seeds.
- Blend it to a smooth paste.
- Add salt, sugar, and vinegar.
- Let this paste simmer in the saucepan for a few minutes till it achieves a thick consistency. (This step is optional but recommended as it increases its shelf life.)
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 4 cups of tomato puree.