Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped palak (Spinach)
- 2 cups wheat flour (1½ cups for dough) + 1/2 cup for dusting )
- 1/2 tsp roughly chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- 3 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop spinach, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli and grind them to a smooth puree.
- Do not add water while making puree.
- Combine 1½ cups wheat flour, 2 teaspoons oil, salt and prepared spinach puree in a deep bowl. Add water as required and knead smooth and soft dough.
- Grease dough’s surface with 1 teaspoon oil and cover it with clean muslin cloth. Let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, divide it into 9 equal parts and give them a round ball shape. Take one dough ball and convert it into thick pattie by pressing between your palms or against rolling board. Lightly coat its entire surface with dry wheat flour.
- With the help of rolling board and rolling pin, roll it out into round raw paratha of approx 6-7 inch diameter.
- Place it on a heated tava/griddle and cook each side with 1/2 teaspoon oil until light golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Place a blob of butter over hot palak paratha and serve them with curd or pickle.
Makes 9 parathas.