Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 pinches of black pepper powder (optional)
- a bunch of coriander leaves or parsley (for garnish)
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1.5 tbsp oil or butter
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook the chopped carrots, onions and tomatoes with garlic and water.
- Once the veggies are cooked and tender, blend them to make a smooth puree.
- Heat butter or oil in a sauce pan. Add the cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the puree and stir. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- If the mixture is thick, you can add some vegetable stock and if its thin, then you can cook for a few minutes more.
- Serve the steaming carrot soup in a bowl garnished with fresh coriander leaves or parsley.
Makes 2-3 bowls of carrot soup.