Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 piece black cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 tbsp ghee (or vegetable oil)
- Salt to taste
- Wash the basmati rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Add a spoon of oil and little salt in water (around 6 cups) and boil.
- Add rice, cook uncovered on med-high heat.
- When rice is 90% done, drain the water and spread the rice on some open utensil.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan.
- Add green chili, bay leaf, cumin seeds and black cardamom.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add rice and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add salt and fry for 2 minutes on low heat
- Serve the steaming Jeera Rice on the platter.
Makes 4 Servings.