Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium capsicums
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Grind tomato, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a mixer jar with 1/4 cup water to make a puree.
- Take a pan or wok and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped capsicum, sprinkle salt over it.
- Sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Add remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same pan and sauté chopped onion until it turns light brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add puree (prepared in step 1), salt and sugar.
- Cook on low to medium heat until oil starts to separate from it (It will take around 5-6 minutes).
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes and cooked capsicum, stir and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and let mixture cook over medium flame.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until gravy turns thick.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the potato and capsicum curry to a serving bowl.
Makes 4 servings.