Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 small green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (split gram)
- 1 red chilli, broken into pieces
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Grind the grated coconut, green chillies, ginger, roasted chana dal and salt with a little water to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil and adding the mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves and stirring till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
Makes 2 servings.