Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables ( french beans, carrot and green peas)
- 1 cup long grained rice (basmati)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp biryani masala powder
- salt to taste
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add the cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, biryani masala, rice and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with raita and papad.
Makes 4 servings