Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 4 medium sized crabs
- 2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10-12 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Roast sliced onion, desiccated coconut, garlic, ginger in 2 tsp oil.
- Grind them to a paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (wok).
- Add finely chopped onion, turmeric powder and saute till the onion turn golden.
- Add garam masala powder and red chili powder.
- Add the ground paste from step 2.
- Add 4 cups of water and stir well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add the crabs to the gravy.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the crabs are cooked.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.