Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 5-6 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 inch ginger crushed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Roast sliced onion, desiccated coconut, garlic, ginger in 1 tsp oil.
- Grind them to a paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (wok).
- Add finely chopped onion, turmeric powder and saute till the onion turn golden.
- Add garam masala powder and red chili powder.
- Add the ground paste from step 2 and salt to taste.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Break the eggs into the simmering gravy. (You can add boiled eggs too.)
- Simmer till the egg is cooked.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl and serve hot.
Makes 2 servings.