- 1 Whole Pomfret
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Ingredients: (Green chutney stuffing)
- 1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
- 1 bunch of Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 2 green Chillies
- 10 cloves of Garlic
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Coconut
- 1 large pinch of Sugar
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the green chutney grind the above ingredients for the stuffing by adding sufficient amount of water to form a thick paste.
- Take the cleaned pomfret and cut shallow slits on either sides. Cut a deep slit sideways into the fish to fill it with the stuffing.
- Rub the juice of the lemon on either sides of the fish.
- Now fill the deep slit with the green chutney stuffing. Rub the remaining green chutney on the outer side of the fish and into the shallow slits too.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet.
- Dust the fish with the flour on either sides.
- Fry it till it turns brown on either sides.
- Serve it with french fries and onion slices.