- 500g minced chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 500g tomato paste
- 200g butter
- 350g instant lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp Italian herb mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the crushed garlic cloves and fry the chicken mince until cooked.
- Add the Italian herb mix and the tomato paste to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water if required and let it simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat some butter in a saucepan and add the flour and stir continuously until a uniform mixture is formed. Remove from heat and whisk in milk.
- Return to heat and add the shredded cheese. Whisk continually until it is all combined into a sauce of desired consistency.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set it aside.
- In a lasagne dish, place 2 spoons of the chicken mince mixture onto the bottom and spread it out.
- Place the first layer of lasagne sheet and cover it with another layer of chicken mince mixture.
- Place another layer lasagne sheets onto the chicken mince layer.
- Now spread the remaining chicken mince mixture over the lasagne sheet and cover with the third lasagne sheet.
- Pour the cheese sauce over this sheets and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese uniformly over the top.
- Cover the dish with a foil and bake it for 45-50 minutes in an oven preheated at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the foil and grill it on high for 10 mins.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve it with some garlic bread.