- 8-10 banana chillies
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- On a hot frying pan, add a few drops of oil and roast 1 tbsp coconut powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste. Add a pinch of salt.
- Slit the chillies vertically without cutting them all the way through. Remove the seeds. Stuff the chillies with the above mix.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan and saute the chopped onions till golden brown. Add the remaining ginger-garlic paste and stir it around for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato puree and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining coconut powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Add some water and let it cook for a minute. Then add the stuffed chillies and cook until the chillies get tender.
- This dish can be served with garlic bread or roti or paratha.